Cannon-Fenske Opaque Viscometers
Reverse-flow Type for Dark Liquids
Reverse flow type, for measurement of kinematic viscosity of dark Newtonian liquids according to ASTM D 445 and ISO 3104. Permit measurements of liquids whose meniscus cannot be seen at the timing marks when using Cannon-Fenske Routine type viscometer. Used to measure kinematic viscosity of liquid (cutback) asphalts and road oils at 60°C (140°F) in range of 30 to 6000 centistokes according to ASTM D 2170. Also used to study lubricating oils at low temperatures when investigating the effect of various additives on lubricating and hydraulic oils. External pressure can be applied to vary shear stress rate. Specifications conform to ASTM D 446 and ISO 3105.
- Provided with Cannon’s ISO/IEC 17025 certificate of calibration and instruction sheet
- Minimum sample volume 12 mL
- Requires liquid bath depth of 229 mm (9 inches)
- Size 25 has approximate constant 0.002 cSt/s and range of 0.4 to 2 cSt
- Holder sold separately. Refer to Catalog No. 9726-M50 and M53